Thursday 13 June 2013

Product Review - Nexxus Therappe Shampoo and Humectress Conditioner from Costco

I went to Costco two days ago and I could not resist buying Nexxus Salon Hair Care Therappe Ultimate Moisture Shampoo and Nexxus Salon Hair Care Humectress Ultimate Moisture Conditioner. The Nexxus shampoo (1.3l) and conditioner (1.3l)combo was the most expensive shampoo and conditioner set  sold at Richmond's Costco @ C$39.99 + tax  The world "Salon" caught my attention and I was really curious if the shampoo and conditioner are better than that the cheaper Marc Anothony's Shampoo, Conditioner and treatment set @ C$19.99 + tax that I bought about 2 months ago.


First about the shampoo. The full name is a mouthful - Therappe Luxurious Hydrating Shampoo. It is formulated with Rosemary, Chamomile and Nettle to gently cleanse nourished, healthy-looking hair. The conditioner - Humectress Ultimate Hydrating Conditioner, specially formulated with Vitamin E, Coconut Oil, and Honey Extract to provide nourishing moisture, leaving hair luxuriously soft, manageable and full of lustre.

Unlike the March Anthony's Shampoo which is sulfate free, the Nexxus Therappe contains sodium laureth sulfate. So, if you have sensitive scalp, dyed hair, oily hair and skin and issues with eczema, this is may not be something you want to try.

My experience  

First, I am surprised by the smell. It smells like a sweet chewing gum with a bit of a tropical twist. It is not exactly a smell that I was expecting. It does smell better than the Marc Anthony's Macadamia oil shampoo but not a whole lot better. It lathers very well, thanks to the sulfate. It does feel luxurious with all the suds. It rinses off nicely. The conditioner smells much better (thank goodness!). It smells sweet like honey. Overall, my hair does feel softer and more manageable. I am not so sure about the full of lustre part. 

Verdict

If you don't mind paying C$39.99 for the pair (since there are cheaper options at Costco), the Nexxus Therappe and Humectress are pretty luxurious salon quality shampoo and conditioner. My husband loves it. Just a side note, even though sulfate is supposed to be bad for hair follicle, both my husband and I noticed that we were having less hair loss after we started using the Nexxus Therappe and Humectress combo. It is definitely worth a buy!

Updates on 27 Jun 2013

Absence makes the heart fonder. I never thought that I would miss the Nexxuss shampoo and conditioner combo so much. I was away to Las Vegas for 5 days and my hair felt so dry and unmanageable after using the hotel shampoo and conditioner and being out in the hot and dry weather for 5 days! I was so happy to be able to wash and condition my hair with Nexxuss at home last night. My hair felt so much smooth and softer. 1 more week of use and my hair should return to the pre-Las Vegas silky soft condition. :)
  

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. diagnose acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease

    ReplyDelete