Tuesday 6 August 2013

Product Review - Bare Escentual BareMinerals Try. Believe. Love. 6 Piece Starter Kit (mineral foundation)

Today I am going to review the Bare Mineral Make up which I bought from Sephora and used for about one week.

What is it?

The Starter Kit contains the following items: 
  • Original SPF 15 Foundation (size:small)
  • Matte SPF Foundation (size:small)
  • Mineral Veil Finishing Powder (size:small)
  • SPF Concealer in summer Bisque (size: petitie)
  • Mini Full Flawless Face Brush
  • Mini Concealer Brush
This is Bare Escentual's introductory kit to its BEST seller - Bare Minerals. 

These exclusive formula made up of 100% pure minerals provide the look for beautiful bare skin, while giving flawless coverage without any harsh chemicals. 

How much and where?

The Starter kit usually retails @ US$20 from Bare Escentual's website. I got mine at one of Sephora's VIB sales for US$10 as Sephora Canada store does not carry the Starter kit. Sephora Canada carries the bigger full size starter kits (retailing for C$61)



How to use it? 


  • Tap the concealer summer bisque lightly to place some of the powder on its cover. Use the concealer brush to pick up the powder and tap off excess powder. Apply on imperfections on face
  • Tap the original or matte foundation to place some of the powder on its cover. Use the mini flawless brush to pick up the powder in circular motion and tap off excess powder. Apply on on face by moving the brush lightly in circular motion.
  • Apply eye make up and blush
  • Tap the mineral veil to place some powder on its cover. Use the mini flawless brush to pick up the powder in circular motion and tap off excess powder. Apply on face by moving brush lightly in circular motion
  • Finish off with lipstick

My Experience

I love how easy it is to use the concealer, foundation and mineral veil. It is quick and I don't need a lot of skills to get a close to flawless skin without looking made up (especially if I put on light make up). Just close to perfect, healthy looking skin after less than 5 mins. The foundation is powder based but yet it does not feel dry or cakey even after an entire day. The best part is that because it is so light, it is very easy to remove. I usually get some clogged pores and some breakouts after a week of regular make up but I must say that I have not gotten any of those after one week. 


My Verdict

I definitely highly recommend BareMinerals to those who like simple, light and natural make up. It's quick and easy for someone who does not want to wake up a whole lot earlier just to put on make up before work. I have combination skin and it definitely works for me. The effect is so rewarding that I am motivated to use it every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment